Director of Finance
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client, a leading real estate development company, is seeking a Director of Finance to join their growing team of high performing professionals in Halifax.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Director of Finance will provide high-level financial analyses to support strategic and operational business functions. The Director of Finance plays an active role in day to day while balancing the long term business goals.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide advice and guidance for the overall strategic plan for the organization by collecting and evaluating appropriate financial information and making recommendations for action
- Provide support and leadership to the team (training, coaching, mentoring and direction of work activities) and other departments as it relates to finance
- Manages changes to accounting and reporting processes resulting from various corporate initiatives such as acquisitions, divestures, expansion of existing operations and divisional/ corporate reorganizations
- Oversees the finance team staff and their work, including daily transactions and financial reporting, and responsible for accuracy of financial operations
- Provide financial leadership, creativity, and analytical support to sales center and operating unit management teams
- Formulate effective financial oversight and maintains robust internal controls, ensuring accurate financial reporting and compliance with ASPE
- Coordination of annual budget preparation and forecasts in conjunction with operations
As the ideal candidate, you have a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation,with a minimum ten years in progressive accounting roles. A skilled communicator, you have strong experience working with senior management and leading teams. You demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills and are proficient in building effective relationships. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of leveraging resources across all functions and levels in the organization and possess excellent time management skills.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a diversified and dynamic company. Interested candidates can contact Ian Sullivan via Ian@venor.ca