Our client, Arrivals and Departures are seeking an Account Director to join their innovative and passionate team in Halifax.
Reporting to the Director of Client Services, the Account Director will lead a set of key accounts within the agency ensuring that they are profitable and growing. As a leader, the Account Director will take responsibility for the delivery of quality and creative work that meets the client’s needs and addresses their business challenges. This will be attainable through effective management of the team and the ability to lead and inspire others both inside and outside of the agency. The Account Director will be regularly involved in pitches for new business and is expected to bring a creative and business mindset.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading client accounts within the agency, with overall responsibility for the client agency relationship.
- Working with the Director of Client Services to evaluate client briefs by challenging and asking questions, to develop communications briefs that meet business needs in an effective and accountable way. This is done in collaboration with extended partners as required (e.g. Media Planners, digital partners) from other agencies to ensure integrated work is delivered for the client.
- Supporting the President & Chief Strategist in writing inspirational creative briefs for key accounts, directing the strategic development of creative work, presenting and selling this effectively to clients.
- Ensuring the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Identifying, developing, and converting new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- Negotiating contracts and fees with marketing directors and client procurement personnel.
- Managing the work, performance and professional development of account team members.
- Leading and inspiring those outside of the core team, including creative teams and those in other agencies working on the same account.
- Reporting key financial and team data to the agency’s senior leadership, finance and human resources departments
- Maintaining a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting accounts and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry.
As the ideal candidate, you have previous agency experience with demonstrated proficiency with broadcast, print and digital production. Experience with other key marketing and advertising disciplines will be an asset. As an Account Director you will be leading and mentoring a team to provide clients with a phenomenal experience. The successful candidate will thrive in an open and collaborative environment. Excellent time management and organizational skills are a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an agency that is committed to strategic and ground-breaking client experience. Interested candidates can contact Craig Coady via email@example.com