Backend Software Developer
Halifax, Nova Scotia
We are seeking a strong Backend Software Developer, who will be responsible for working on our existing backend technology as well as development of entirely new projects from the ground up.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Engineering, or related college diploma, or significant relevant experience
- 2+ years of experience in back-end: Java, C++, GoLang
- Good understanding of the architectures and designs of cloud-based web applications
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational database technologies, SQL, and ORMs
- Experience with no SQL database technologies
- Experience in web page implementation using HTML5, CSS3, and Sass
- Experience with the Agile Scrum development methodology or a similar iterative methodology
- Experience with source code versioning tools like GitHub
- Experience with task tracking and bug tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience designing secure applications, knowledge of security and compliance best practices
WHAT WOULD BE NICE FOR YOU TO HAVE:
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience with CI and CD tools like TravisCI or Jenkins
- Experience configuring, deploying, and managing cloud computing environments like AWS and Azure, and with containerization (e.g. Docker)
Money Finder Software Inc.
Our mission is to combine technology with human behaviour to build web based tools that provide practical guidance and insights which will allow people to get more life from their money!
Money Finder Software Inc. was born out of frustration with the Financial Services industry where too many people got only product advice from their financial advisors and received little or no financial advice.
Our Behavioural Cash Flow Management™ Software is based on research findings in the field of behavioural economics, and 17 years of real world experience. The financial professionals who use our software application to find thousands of dollars per month to fund their clients’ dreams.
Our values and culture are very important to us. We are an up-and-coming, innovative company and work-life harmony is a key currency for us. Creating a whole new way of managing money hasn’t been easy, so we are forever tenacious, believe that work is fun, and we see challenges as adventures!
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Jack Gillis at Jack@venor.ca or 902.405.8842.