Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Our SaaS solutions client has been a proud and progressive employer in Prince Edward Island for over 25 years and are entering an exciting phase of growth and innovation. A number of current and upcoming initiatives have the team looking for a Business Analyst to support and sometimes lead multiple cross-functional projects.
As a key member of a highly collaborative team and growing company, this position is responsible for overall requirements gathering and approach using Agile methodology. This position will also support and sometimes lead multiple cross-functional initiatives (products, services, processes and support technology) that require flexibility, adaptability, innovative thinking, and self-motivating to succeed.
- Elicit and document product and system requirements from internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct meetings to gather requirements, and to create work flow diagrams, wireframes, use cases, scenarios and other methods, which will be used to provide direction to developers and project teams.
- Decompose product vision and features in to user stores, estimate, and help maintain a prioritized list of features based on feedback from product owner and stakeholders.
- Self-organize to pull on IT resources and departments as needed to ensure objectives/goals are successful.
- Help identify solutions to business, IT and customer problems.
- Drive improvements and standards across the IT team aimed at process optimization and agile strategies.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, or information technology.
- Experience with business and software requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Understanding of software development life cycle concepts (SDLC).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of scrum/ Agile process would be an asset.
- Strong aptitude when it comes to learning new technologies and enjoys solving problems.
- Extensive experience in all areas is not required, but a passion and self motivation to learn new skills and technologies and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment is mandatory.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com.