Business Development Associate
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client a start-up company based in Halifax is seeking Business Development Associates to join their passionate world-class team delivering breakthrough technologies that can change and improve lives.
The Business Development Associate will be expected to pursue and win sales with end users across a wide range of market verticals. You will oversee prospecting and cold calling potential customers. You will work closely with their VP of Sales and Marketing, and the sales and marketing team. This role is best suited to a driven yet empathetic individual who is not shy on the phone, loves talking to new people, and can use those skills to show immediate results. This is a quota-carrying role and candidates for this position must be highly motivated, tenacious, and self-starters.
- Prospect, prioritize and develop a pipeline of new business
- Research and build "cold accounts" (i.e.: adding contacts, sending emails, cold calling)
- Qualify and close direct to consumer sales
- Attend tradeshows and events to demonstrate the features and benefits of their products
- Learn appropriate language and techniques for interacting with different customer types (e.g. doctors versus end-users)
- Conduct high-level conversations with management on prospective new customers and market verticals
- Work with Marketing to ensure the right customers are being targeted
- Work with Customer Support to ensure that new customers are satisfied with their purchase
The successful candidate will possess a University or College Degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience generating your own leads and making high-volume outbound calls. She/he will have a strong track record in exceeding sales quotas and a demonstrated ability with; analytical skills, problem solving skills, working in a team environment, working individually and customer service skills. Must have experience working in the technology, medical device or call center industry. Experience using Hubspot or Salesforce CRM is an asset. The candidate for this role must be available to work on-premises in Burnside, NS.
If you are a highly self-motivated individual driven by and receive high intrinsic value through overcoming challenges, perpetual learning and working in a fast-paced highly dynamic environment, contact Rose MacAuley via email@example.com