Business Intelligence/Database Specialist
Moncton, New Brunswick
Our client, Major Drilling International Inc., is offering a unique opportunity to join an industry leading, publicly traded, multinational enterprise as Business Intelligence\Database Specialist at their corporate office in Moncton, NB. The successful candidate will bring a hybrid skill set of Business Intelligence and SQL Server Database Administration to develop financial and operational data key performance indicators (KPIs) for Major Drilling’s 15 global operational branches. In addition to having demonstrated strong technical capabilities, the ideal specialist has the desire to travel globally to remote field environments throughout North America, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Europe.
Job Requirements include:
- Develop, implement and maintain a business intelligent software solution into the organization’s data-reporting infrastructure.
- Lead business intelligence projects and deliver recommendations for improving current reporting practices including implementing end-user ad hoc reporting tools, designing dashboards for KPI monitoring and analyzing data warehouse needs.
- Create reports that may include sub-reports, drill down capabilities and other supported features for local business units using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Implement, configure and maintain all database servers in the organization’s server farm.
- Monitor database server nightly backups to ensure mission critical data is available at all times.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply database server service packs as required to resolve issues affecting system performance and security.
- Upgrade database server instances to the required version to meet the needs of the organization's current data infrastructure and future growth.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages and performance issues using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Assist development teams with complex query tuning, database design, creating DDL and DML scripts for database centric development projects.
- Five to ten years’ combined experience in Business Intelligence implementation, SSRS Report Development and SQL Server Database Administration
- Computer Science or related degree
- Advanced or intermediate-level Spanish and/or French is preferred
- International experience in Asia, Africa and/or Latin America is preferred
- Must have legal working authority in Canada
Interested candidates can submit their resume to Craig Coady at Craig@venor.ca