Chief Executive Officer
Propel ICT is Atlantic Canada’s start-up accelerator, a community of educators and mentors who are committed to the development of successful entrepreneurs in our region.
To lead the organization into the future, we are recruiting a Chief Executive Officer who embodies our mission to launch the first billion dollar tech company in Atlantic Canada and willing to take bold steps to move us in that direction. Someone who can execute on our growth strategy and strengthen relationships with the communities we serve, including investment and funding partners.
We are seeking a CEO who knows the challenges that a tech entrepreneur has to overcome to be successful and within the context of the Atlantic Canada start-up ecosystem. We need an ambitious, community-minded leader whose entrepreneurial passion will gain fulfillment and intrinsic satisfaction from the success of growing successful entrepreneurs and economy-building companies in our region.
- With the Board of Directors, further develop the vision and strategy to drive growth and guide Propel ICT over the short and long-term
- Act independently to aggressively execute on that vision and achieve results, involving the Board as needed
- Generate and implement strategies and ideas to continue to advance Propel’s impact and reach
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders, such as Government, Schools, Community partners, Funding partners, Investment partners, and others as needed
- Position Propel ICT as the Accelerator for technology startups and establish connections between the Atlantic Canada startup community and similar communities across Canada and in other identified marketplaces
- Actively find ways to engage our communities, represent Propel at appropriate community events, and share our story
- Develop key metrics to monitor, understand, and report success
- Support and develop the team responsible for delivering Propel’s programs
- Contribute to ongoing fundraising strategies and plans
- Manage and report on budgets
- Experience in a similar role, ideally in the technology sector
- Experience successfully managing large-scale, multi-partner initiatives/ projects from concept through to completion
- Excellent at building and fostering relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- You are involved in the start-up community locally in Atlantic Canada and beyond; the ideal candidate will be someone who has experience firsthand the opportunities and challenges of being a founder and entrepreneur
- Demonstrated ability to make bold and important decisions using intuition, data and experience
- Able to gain buy-in into a company’s or initiative's vision working with multiple levels of an organization as well as with multiple external stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellent financial acumen and ability to create sustainable revenue or funding strategies
This is a great opportunity to join an organization making a difference in the Atlantic Canada entrepreneurial ecosystem. For more information, please contact Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org.