Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Armour Group Limited is a fully integrated real estate development company. Armour takes great pride in designing and building properties that create a sense of place. In its more than 40 year history, it has never sold a building that it has developed and integrates all aspects of property development and management to create quality environments for its clients. Armour has built and manages several of the most recognizable and significant developments in Halifax, including Historic Properties, Waterside Centre, EON Square, and Queen’s Marque.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Construction Accountant will manage the invoicing system for their growing portfolio of construction projects. This is a busy role where organization and attention to detail are very important.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving incoming invoices and match up to purchase orders or contracts
- Verifying invoice details against contracts and purchase orders. Balancing reconciliations
- Preparing and maintaining contract progress claim templates to support contract payments
- Submitting invoices with relevant support to project managers for approval
- Entering approved invoices into accounting software (Yardi-construction module)
- Scanning invoices for electronic filing into corresponding jobs on shared network
- Preparing cheque runs
- Distributing signed cheques to contractors
- Handling accounts payable calls from suppliers
- Maintaining filing system for hard copies of invoices/cheques
- Other duties as required
The ideal candidate will have previous accounting experience, along with strong computer proficiency (Excel), including experience with accounting software. The successful candidate will have excellent time management and prioritization skills to meet project objectives and deadlines. Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation and communication skills are a must. Experience in a high paced construction office environment would be an asset.
This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative team in an environment that is continuously growing. For more information, please contact Shardeigh McGillivray via email@example.com or 902.405.8846