Halifax Regional Municipality, Nova Scotia
Our client, a local manufacturer, is seeking a Controller to join their growing team. Their organization is a leading player in the industry throughout Atlantic Canada. With a commitment to staying on top on new research across North America, they consistently are a top choice amongst contractors.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Controller will support the organization’s ongoing commitment to quality, value, growth and will be a member of the executive management team in a fast-paced ever-changing business environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis of budget and spending on production variances and provide insights to the management team
- As part of the new management team, bring insights on strategic direction, trends and new initiatives that help the division reach new levels of performance
- Ensuring that key indicators are in place and reported on in a timely proactive fashion to ensure the effectiveness and profitability of operations and business development
- Proactively working with plant Production Managers and Operations Managers to provide feedback, KPIs and continuous improvement initiatives
- Preparation of all monthly and year-end profit and loss statements and associated control reports
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Analysis of costing reports, accounting controls and procedures
- Scrutinizing overheads and accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with internal controls
- Participating in the development of the annual strategic financial and business plans
- Bringing management accounting expertise and strategic thinking to multi-disciplinary teams, both within the division and corporately
- Preparation of reports and various assignments as required by the Chief Financial Officer and General Manager
- Preparation of year-end audit files and documentation
- Management of the administrative services support group.
The ideal candidate must have an accounting designation, preferably a CPA with a minimum of 5 years experience. Experience in the manufacturing sector would be considered an asset, along with solid knowledge of cost accounting. Exceptional analytical and project management skills are required, as well as strong computer skills, including the ability to refine and implement management information systems.
The successful candidate must be a team player and have exceptional interpersonal, communication (both verbal and written), and leadership skills. The desire for continuous learning and a willingness to tackle new challenges are personal attributes that will contribute to success to the organization. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Ian Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org