Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leading the way in Nova Scotia and around the world, Aqualitas is an aquaponics cannabis company rooted in science. Their unique proprietary cultivation process developed in association with Acadia and Dalhousie Universities uses all-natural inputs and produces higher terpenes with larger yields and faster growing times. The production facility is located in Liverpool, NS.
Aqualitas is seeking a Controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
Controller responsibilities include:
- Manage accounting operation.
- Management reporting within a production environment including preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Prepare and publish timely financial statements.
- Month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions.
- Manage and comply with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
The successful candidate will have a CPA designation. She/he will have minimum five years of of proven accounting and finance experience. The ideal candidate possesses excellent accounting software and technical accounting skills. Familiarity with equity financing, offering memorandum, M&A transactions would be an asset.
This is truly an unique and interesting opportunity to join a great team and be part of a dynamic and growing industry. If you are interested, please contact Ian Sullivan via firstname.lastname@example.org.