Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Our SaaS solutions client has been a proud and progressive employer in Prince Edward Island for over 25 years and are entering an exciting phase of growth and innovation. A number of current and upcoming initiatives have the Product Team looking for a Data Architect to provide expertise in managing large and disparate data sets.
The Data Architect to work closely with our product and engineering teams to recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs within each product and function. The Data Architect will be responsible for constantly monitoring our database and immediately addressing database issues and problems. The successful candidate will also submit reports to management that outline the changing data needs of the company and come up with related solutions.
- Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the company and offer suggestions for solutions.
- Analyze database implementation methods to make sure they are in line with company policies and any external regulations that may apply.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation for the management and executive teams.
- Process large volumes of data through Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) by writing and maintaining scripts and processes.
- Assist product team with evaluation of 3rd Party datasets and then the engineering team with the implementation.
- Maintain database performance by identifying and resolving problems.
- Develop strategy for the company’s first data warehouse then assist in its implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Develop database load-balancing processes to eliminate down time and improve performance
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the company database
- Other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in a data analysis or management role.
- College diploma or University degree related to Information Technology.
- Understanding of programming/scripting & MYSQL/Linux considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of writing SQL queries, logical database design and database implementation.
- Exceptional problem solving, trouble shooting, and communication skills
- Extensive experience in all areas is not required, but a passion and self motivation to learn new skills and technologies and the ability to adapt to a fast-paced and changing environment is mandatory.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com, in confidence.