Desktop Support Technician
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Our client, a global leader in the design and development of innovative solutions for the defence, aerospace and industrial sectors, is consistently recognized as an employer of choice in Nova Scotia. Their continued success in new international markets means particular growth for the local operation in Dartmouth, and as such they are recruiting for a Desktop Support Technician to provide technical support to staff:
- Manage help desk support ticketing system;
- Resolve support tickets in a prioritized, efficient and timely manner;
- Accurate, consistent documentation of ticket resolutions and troubleshooting results;
- Assist with datacenter maintenance, organization and configuration;
- New computer and software deployment;
- Active Directory user creation, permissions modification and maintenance;
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- A technical degree or diploma and significant (5+) years’ experience within an Information Technology department;
- Hands on experience troubleshooting computing hardware, software and network systems;
- A Comp TIA, A+ or like certifications an advantage but not essential;
- High level of capability troubleshooting and installing Microsoft products including Windows operating systems both desktop and server, Office packages and other general office software such as Adobe products, antivirus, etc.;
- Active Directory experience an definite asset;
- The ability to read and understand technical procedures and policies;
- Experience with imaging technologies and remote batch software installation tools such as Desktop Central an asset.
- Ability to own tasks and work with limited supervision; desire to solve problems through research and testing.
If interested in applying, please send your application and resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org