Director of Product ManagementHalifax, Nova Scotia
One of Atlantic Canada’s most rapidly growing startups, Swept is disrupting the commercial cleaning space internationally. Fresh off an intensive program at 500 Startups in California, Swept is ready to expand the senior management team in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As such, we are seeking a strategic Product Management leader who can work with the founders, staff and customers to champion the product roadmap and ongoing evolution.
Years ago, before offering our Software as a Service, Swept started as a residential and commercial cleaning company. We learned the hard way how challenging it can be to run and grow a Janitorial Business. Leveraging our background in Software, Marketing and Sales strategy, we were able to grow our cleaning business 530% year over year and expand to 3 cities with less than 10% turnover in our cleaning staff. It was then that we realized our competitive edge was something we wanted to share with the industry.
We’ve made big strides in the last 2 years and now we’re invested in taking our company to the next level. This is where you come in…
You love the internet. Not because of all the awesome cat videos, but because of it’s amazing potential to affect positive change in the world. When it comes to your work, you’ve been described as “passionate” by your friends, family and co-workers.
You love working as part of a team and are excited to talk detail or blue sky to help solve problems. You’re at your best when you’re converting those blue sky ideas into tangible, usable, valuable things people will use.
You’re looking for your opportunity to take your game to the next level. Sound about right? Keep reading!
What you’ll be doing
- Define, lead, and execute a cohesive strategy related to Swept’s products.
- Working collaboratively with sales, marketing and development to deliver on that strategy.
- Stay intimately connected to our customer through qualitative and quantitative research you conduct.
- Manage, measure and analyze the ongoing list of feature requests from internal stakeholders (Swept Team) as well as external (customers) to ensure we are making decisions with data.
- Create requirement definitions for features and enhancements that include business rules, user stories, and wireframes needed to fully document the needs of our customers.
- Manage and improve the feature design, quality and product improvement processes within Swept.
- Develop, maintain and communicate the product road map to the team and our customers.
What you’ll need
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a product management, engineering and technology strategy role.
- Experience working within SaaS and emerging cloud use-cases for web/mobile and B2B companies.
- Experience developing product specifications
- Understanding of UX/UI concepts a plus
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Self starter, detail oriented and problem solving capabilities
- Adaptability in a high growth environment
- At least one award winning potluck recipe.
If you are a strategic product management leader who craves the influence and excitement from working in a rapidly growing startup, contact Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-429-0728.