Director of Sales - SaaS
St. John's, NL / Toronto, ON
Our start-up client, headquartered in St John’s, Newfoundland is experiencing massive growth due to the success they help marketing agencies achieve through their software platform which helps clients in planning and approving social media content. They are now at the point where they need a senior leader for their sales team who will develop the strategies, processes and people to get them to the next level.
We are looking for a proactive and driven sales professional that can lead a team of Account Executives and Sales Development reps in driving top line revenue growth for the company. You should be familiar with SaaS acquisition strategies, inside sales, and SaaS unit economics.
- Experience in SaaS sales.
- Deep understanding of the sales funnel and customer journey.
- Understand unit economics of SaaS (ACV, Conversion, Sales Cycle, Payback period, etc.)
- Familiar with configuring CRM products (Hubspot/Salesforce)
- Able to collaborate with other functional units: Marketing, Customer Experience, Development, and Product.
- Have a deep interest in SaaS and growing a high growth startup.
- Collaborate with customer experience lead on optimizing the customer journey.
- Collaborate with marketing lead on go-to-market strategies, identify bottlenecks and optimize the sales funnel.
- Collaborate with marketing to set sales quota for team.
- Making sure that sales team is hitting quota.
- Update leadership team on sales performance and forecast.
- Work with marketing to configure and continually optimize CRM.
- Participate in product meetings with product manager to inform the roadmap.
- Turn strategies into actionable tactical plans and experiments for the sales team.
- Ensure that sales team has adequate resources to perform their job.
- Owning the sales function and adapt to any change that is required in the acquisition strategy.
- Managing and motivating sales team to hit targets
- Develop sales culture
- Conduct monthly 1-on-1s with sales team to identify any potential problems and assist in individual career growth.
While someone located with the team in St. John’s wold be ideal, the client has a marketing team in downtown Toronto as well. Other remote options for the right candidate would be considered.
If interested please contact Craig Coady in confidence via email@example.com