Chester, Nova Scotia
Sustane Technologies Inc. is a clean technology company focused on waste transformation. Sustane has developed and is commercializing a set of disruptive processes to transform municipal solid waste (MSW) streams into high value fuels and recyclable materials.
Sustane's core concept is the complete separation of MSW and their technology breakthrough delivers pure products that were not previously possible. The result is unprecedented value recovery and waste diversion levels with the potential to practically eliminate landfills in the future. Sustane believes that current consumption and waste patterns are simply not sustainable and that we must fundamentally challenge how we sustain ourselves on this planet.
Their first North American facility will be coming on line in Chester, Nova Scotia, in the Spring of 2018. This facility has a capacity of 70,000 tonnes per year of MSW. On behalf of Sustane, we are seeking Equipment Operators for this new facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate heavy equipment. Primarily a front-end-loader and periodically, forklift, skid-steer, dump truck etc.
- Using equipment to move materials as needed to support the daily plant operations.
- Perform pre and post trip inspections of operating and process equipment.
- Prepare and maintain work records on the operation of assigned equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance functions and non-complex servicing on mobile equipment.
- Offer advice on operational improvements where applicable.
- Housekeeping and cleaning of operating areas.
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
As the ideal candidate, you have knowledge of maintenance and safety regulations utilized in the operation of heavy equipment, along with a minimum of 2 years of experience operating heavy equipment. You have excellent communication skills, coupled with strong attention to detail and ability to make sound decisions. Rotating shift schedule is required.
If you are passionate about creating a clean and sustainable world for ourselves and for future generations and are excited at the prospect of joining a dynamic and growing Nova Scotia company, then we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates can contact Danielle Heartz via email@example.com