Halifax, Nova Scotia
Sustane Technologies Inc. is a clean technology company focused on waste transformation. Sustane has developed and is commercializing a set of disruptive processes to transform municipal solid waste (MSW) streams into high value fuels and recyclable materials.
Sustane's core concept is the complete separation of MSW and their technology breakthrough delivers pure products that were not previously possible. The result is unprecedented value recovery and waste diversion levels with the potential to practically eliminate landfills in the future. Sustane believes that current consumption and waste patterns are simply not sustainable and that we must fundamentally challenge how we sustain ourselves on this planet.
Their first North American facility will be coming on line in Chester, Nova Scotia, in the Spring of 2018. This facility has a capacity of 70,000 tonnes per year of MSW. On behalf of Sustane, we are recruiting a Financial Analyst. This role will be based out of the Halifax office, with travel to the facility in Chester.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial support to the leadership team to ensure accurate reporting and decision making.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting for banks, financing institutions and governmental agencies.
- Prepare budgets, cash flow forecasts and complete balance sheet analysis to support financial business decisions and improve performance.
- Assist with providing financial information as required by the business.
- Benchmark reporting and analysis.
- Assist with preparation of internal and external presentation materials.
- Assist with data gathering, analysis and writing of Information Memorandum for financing transactions.
- Support for sales development, including scenario building, financial modeling and decision support.
- Special projects and ad-hoc analysis as required.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, along with CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation and 1 to 3 years of practical experience. With a strong sense of urgency, you have excellent time management and prioritization skills to meet project objectives and timelines. As a skilled communicator, you have strong presentation and interpersonal skills. Exceptional organizational and attention to detail are a must have.
If you are passionate about creating a clean and sustainable world for ourselves and for future generations and are excited at the prospect of joining a dynamic and growing Nova Scotia company, then we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates can contact Shardeigh McGillivray via email@example.com