Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client, a leader in digital marketing for destinations and resorts, is currently looking for a infrastructure architect to plan, design, and implement advanced Infrastructure solutions to meet business, security, and compliance requirements while providing expert troubleshooting skills. This person should evaluate and recommend hardware and software technologies that enable business transformation and act as the subject matter expert for infrastructure technologies. The scope of technologies includes but is not limited to Networking, System Management, Cloud, VMWare, Citrix, Load Balancers, Storage, Backup, IT Security, and Enterprise Applications such as Exchange, Active Directory, Identity Management, Enterprise Monitoring, Web Application and Middleware Servers.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs, plans, and implements system and network architectures that are highly performing, scalable, fault tolerant, secure, and compliant.
- Provide support and guidance for the Enterprise Infrastructure environment.
- Develop, refine, and document policies, processes and procedures. In addition the role will need to cross-train when applicable.
- Work closely with various IT groups to transition tasks, ensure performance and manage issues through to resolution
- Develop and Establish relevant metrics (KPI/SLA) to drive results within the business. This should include technical metrics, business process metrics and overall support metrics
- Provide support and assistance to issues reported through Incident Management tool and/or direct request from IT associates
- Manage multiple projects and accurately report the status of all major assignments while adhering to all project management standards.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience); advanced industry certifications a plus
- 10+ Years working within professional, enterprise level IT Organization
- 7+ Years of experience in working as a Systems Administrator or Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience, certifications and training
- Strong Working knowledge of Infrastructure Technologies and the relationships between application, systems, network, and security
- Strong Working knowledge of Virtual Architecture (VMWare, Hyper-V, VDI,)
- Strong working knowledge of SAN environments. Design, Administration and Support
- Excellent overall knowledge of Enterprise Level technologies
- Excellent verbal and written client communications skills required
- Experience in managing multiple resources in a matrix organization that includes technical and business users/roles
- Experience in partnering and managing external Solution Providers with ability to drive results
- Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Normal office environment.
- Limited travel.
- Light lifting of racked system hardware required.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, in confidence.