IT Infrastructure Security Consultant
Halifax, Nova Scotia OR Toronto, Ontario
As a IT Infrastructure Security Consultant, you will be supporting, planning, and executing IT Security projects, implementations and upgrades for clients. This position will work directly with other project leads, managers, and/or executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the work being performed.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Network Scanning and Monitoring
- Health checking Windows and Linux Platforms
- Design and Implementation of: Enterprise Security for Web, E-Mail, Virtual Infrastructure, Microsoft Directory Services, Servers and Desktops, Linux, Wireless and Handheld Devices Patch Management Systems
- Malware and End-Point-Protection
- Identity Management/Policy Management Systems
- Two Factor Authentication technologies PKI technologies and solutions
Skills / Qualifications:
- A successful track record and at least eight years of experience in technology and information security
- At least three years of experience being responsible for reviewing, recommending, implementing, and supporting security solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of recognized security industry standards and leading practices (e.g., PCI, OWASP, NIST, CIS, etc.)
- Significant experience with Linux, Windows, and Network Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of middleware technologies and platforms (e.g., databases, web server, application servers, etc.)
- Strong background as a Senior Engineer in security infrastructure and various network technologies that Include Vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication.
- Strong knowledge of Trend Micro Products and Solutions
- Experience in information gathering, planning, and execution of large and complex network security projects such as migrations and/or upgrades
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organization skills, excellent documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability to provide solutions to problems that are identified
- Technical Certifications from the following vendors considered an asset: Trend Micro, McAfee, Tenable, Beyond Trust, Gemalto, VMware, Microsoft, Linux
If you are interested in the exciting opportunity please contact Jack Gillis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-405-8842.