Halifax, Nova Scotia
Kinduct Technologies (www.kinduct.com) is a leading data and analytics software provider that is changing the way information shapes human performance. Kinduct’s highly secure, cloud-based platform allows sports, health and wellness organizations to spend less time managing their data and more time using it to inform decisions, promote constant improvements and produce exceptional results. Kinduct is the software provider of choice for many world-leading professional and elite sport organizations across the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS and other professional and elite leagues. A number of Kinduct clients are world champions in their sport. Kinduct’s investors include Intel Capital, CFFI Ventures Inc., and Elysian Park Ventures.
The Kinduct team comes together as an eclectic mix of talented individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. This diversity is a source of pride in a corporate culture that places a premium on values of collaboration, teamwork, communication, and personal growth. As a fast-growing company making the leap from startup to ‘scaleup’, we expect a lot from our staff. In turn, we provide a flexible, fun and supportive work environment, where everyone has a chance to contribute their best, grow professionally, and have a laugh along the way.
As a company serving the performance, health and wellness markets, we practice what we preach with health and wellness initiatives and fun fitness challenges. Most of all, we function like a family, not a machine. With frequent social and charitable initiatives, in-house festivities, and team building events, we have a corporate culture where coming to work is something to look forward to. We love working here and, if you like what you see, we’d love to hear from you.
Working as the IT Manager you will be reporting to the Director, Development Operations and working closely with the Director, Information Security. You will be a team lead and responsible for the general management of the application infrastructure with a strong focus on information security as it relates to the protection of personal information (PI) and protected health information (PHI). You will also be responsible for general Information Technology duties, including user hardware and software support services.
The primary responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Provide technical leadership to Current and future IS staff through coaching and mentorship;
- Acting as Agile Product Owner, manage the IS team backlog, including prioritization. sprint planning and refinement;
- Maintain high standards of IT support and administration within the team by establishing good practices and habits;
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement for IS staff through consistent conversations, goal setting and general management;
- Provide a first point of escalation for issues related to the IS Department;
- Overseeing the administration of all corporate infrastructure, including local and remote environments, user endpoints, dedicated infrastructure and cloud-based infrastructure;
- Manage policies and procedures adhere to ITIL standards for such things as, Business Continuity, Risk mitigation, Change Management, incident Management and Disaster recovery planning;
- Working with the Director, Information Security and Director, Development Operations with regards to:
- the Implementation and company wide adherence of security policies and procedures;
- implementing standardized / automated security (monitoring and alerting);
- IT infrastructure auditing (including hardware / software audits of company assets);
- Overseeing the administration of all server and system patching and vulnerability management;
- assisting with internal and 3rd party audits.
- Overseeing the Internal technical user support / systems maintenance (mobile devices, laptops, etc);
- Keep abreast of emerging risks, trends and issues in information technology;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders;
- Working with The Director, Development Operations to support operational, tactical and strategic planning;
- The primary technical competencies of the role are as follows:
- Knowledge and past-experience of cloud-based infrastructure;
- Solid technical IT infrastructure knowledge;
- 5+ years of progressive experience and responsibility working in production web application environments and IT infrastructure;
- 5+ years in a management role with proven ability to successfully grow a team;
- Post-secondary degree / diploma in Information Technology or equivalent;
- Experience with diverse networking environments, including security (defense-in-depth);
- Working knowledge of Information Security best practices;
- Working knowledge of privacy & security legislation (PIPEDA / HIPAA) considered an asset;
- Experience with risk assessment / management and auditing;
- Experience with Disaster Recovery / Restoration testing, including table-top testing
- Proven experience with coaching, change management and mentorship;
- ITIL Certification considered a strong asset.
- The primary behavioural competencies of the role are as follows:
- Takes initiative with seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status;
- Strong leadership skills and ability to successfully grow a team;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure;
- Be willing to ask for assistance when roadblocks impede progress;
- Ability to define requirements and manage tasks with multiple deadlines under minimal supervision;
- Display reliability, integrity and trustworthiness;
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skill;
- Display creative and innovative thinking;
- Display a commitment to learning;
- Show exceptional attention to detail;
- Show a commitment to health and wellness;
- Acceptance of differences in team members and a strong commitment to teamwork, cooperation and healthy behaviours.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, in confidence.