Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client, a global leader in satellite communications, is looking to add a Network Architect to its dynamic, growing team. As the Network Architect, you will be responsible for the evolution of existing networks and designing the roadmap to harmonize interfaces with enterprise carriers. The Network Architect leads the definition of strategies, principles, and standards, interacting with key business stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment with the business direction and objectives.
- Develop a 3-5 year technology and network services strategic roadmap
- Network architecture and senior design authority
- Stakeholder engagement
- Establishing governance and best practices
- Experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies through achievement of Cisco CCIE/ JNCIE or equivalent experience.
- Network Management and Automation.
- Proven experience in routing protocols (BGP/OSPF/IS-IS/ECMP) and switching protocols (STP/VLAN/VPN/MPLS), network QoS and Security (ACL, Firewalls, QoS).
- Experience with design and implementation, and the operations of large-scale enterprise deployments for network security infrastructures using a continuous improvement methodology while enforcing compliance standards.
- Business / Leadership
- In-depth understanding of business strategy and ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives.
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus amongst many stakeholders.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to promote open communication and teamwork.
- Ability to establish, implement and enforce appropriate policies and standards to meet business requirements.
- Experience in a similar network architecture role with a medium/large enterprise with demonstrable success in achieving improved performance, cost efficiency, and standardization.
- Experience with large scale procurement of network services and oversight of managed service providers.
If interested, please send an email with your resume and times you are available for a phone discussion to email@example.com.