Sales & Marketing Manager
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client, a global leader in the design and development of innovative solutions for the defence, aerospace and industrial sectors, is consistently recognized as an employer of choice in Nova Scotia. Their continued success in new international markets means particular growth for the local operation in Dartmouth, and as such they are recruiting for a Sales & Marketing Manager to work as a key member of their team responsible for the marketing and sales with a strong focus on business analysis.
- Own and drive the businesses activity including; prospecting, opportunity qualification, and proposal preparation to meet company order intake, sales, and profit objectives.
- Ensure key customer relationships are effectively managed to achieve business objectives.
- Provides strategic customer-focused input to the research and development team, ensuring technology and product development meets the market requirements.
- Gather and collate market and customer intelligence within our business funnel tool and translate to game plans that identify opportunities and delineate robust strategies to position technology and products for success.
- Identify and cement relationships with partners to create the ‘winning’ team as appropriate.
- Major contributor to portions of the annual Strategic Plan.
- Major contributor to portions of the annual trade shows/symposiums plan with a view to meeting business objectives and providing value for money.
- Major contributor to company branding and image including; generation and review of briefs, website, product literature, videos, publicity, press releases, and advertising.
- Marketing and Sales support to other business functions
- Ability to understand, communicate, and market technology and product offerings.
- Track record of managing successful technical bids or down-selecting technology and vendors.
- Excellent technical report/ proposal writing.
- Ability to work on Canadian Controlled Goods and US ITAR controlled articles.
- Computer literate.
- Able to travel frequently and at short notice within Canada, US, and overseas.
- Able to work out of normal business hours and time zone’s.
- Proven track record of managing successful marketing campaigns for complex systems to government or large prime contractors.
- Military experience is desirable with service in the Canadian military a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in the Canadian Air Force in the sonobuoy operations is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and develop effective relationships with partners and suppliers.
If Interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, in confidence.