Senior Advisor, Data & Analytics
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Venor’s client is a well established professional services firm consisting of a diverse team of IT consultants and senior advisors based primarily in Atlantic Canada. In order to meet expanding client requirements in the areas of data management and business analytics (Data & Analytics), they are seeking a Senior Advisor to join their leadership team. The Senior Advisor will be actively involved in the development and delivery of various Data & Analytics related services in Atlantic Canada and also throughout North America.
The successful candidate will provide thought leadership and advisory services in the areas of Data & Analytics. She/he will work closely with clients to ensure that their data and information related capabilities are well aligned with business strategy. She/he will help clients identify opportunities to better leverage their data in the optimization and transformation of their business. The successful candidate will be an experienced leader with broad technical skills in Data & Analytics, and the ability to foster strong relationships with client stakeholders at all levels.
- Halifax NS (Preferred)
- Other NS/NB location may be considered
- Leading evolution of a portfolio of data management and business analytics services; and the development/definition of associated service delivery methodologies.
- Deliver and/or provide oversight on a variety of Data & Analytics related services, including data capability assessments, data strategy & roadmap development, data governance advisory, data architecture, and implementation services for a variety of data and analytics related solutions.
- Provide leadership on assigned client engagements, including all aspects of stakeholder management, financial management, and project/program delivery.
- Collaborate with other senior leaders in the development of the broader client services roadmap; and also the development of go-to-market strategy and associated marketing content/collateral.
- Collaborate closely with sales team in a pre-sales consulting capacity. Advise clients on the business opportunities and challenges presented by their data, and by rapidly evolving technologies areas including Big Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Automation, and Machine Learning.
- Support the development of expanded Data & Analytics capabilities and competencies across the organization both through recruitment and through the strategic development of existing staff and partnerships.
- 15+ years combined experience in consulting, project/program delivery and/or technical leadership.
- Well-respected and collaborative leader with a proven record of success managing multi-disciplined, high-performance professional services teams.
- Practical first-hand knowledge of the professional services business, including key financial, human resource, and business development considerations.
- Demonstrated experience a combination of the following: Data Management (Governance, Integration, Quality, MDM, Metadata, Data Modeling, EDW), Business Analytics (BI, Advanced Analytics), and Data Science (Data Mining, Machine Learning, AI).
- Ability to lead development of high quality customer deliverables, delivery methodologies, proposals, and marketing collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree (mandatory) and/or graduate degrees (preferred); relevant professional designations and technical certifications (preferred).
- Ability to travel throughout Canada and United States (approx. 25% of time).
If you would enjoy applying your data analytics leadership acumen to a growing portfolio of enterprise clients in the Halifax area in a professional services environment that is both innovative and entrepreneurial, please send your resume in confidence to Craig Coady via email@example.com or Jack Gillis via firstname.lastname@example.org.