Senior Front End Engineer
Remote, Eastern Canada
Our client, Manifold, is currently looking for an experienced Senior Front End Engineer to join their elite team of software professionals who are focused on making it easier for developers to build applications with cloud infrastructure. Manifold is a well-funded start-up in Eastern Canada, with an ambitious vision to build software that developers use every day, helping them to focus on building, not managing, their applications. This cutting edge software allows a developer to build and offer cloud services, without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution.
With huge growth on the horizon, this is the ideal time to join Manifold and have a real impact not just on our team of developers but on other passionate software engineers around the world. We are ideally looking for a Product Engineer who is proven leader of efficient, cohesive teams - be they local or virtual. A collaborative, effective decision maker who ideally is still very hands-on in building exceptional user experiences with React/Redux.
Job Requirements Include:
- Build UI components that are intuitive and reusable across our entire platform, using React, Redux, Styled Components, and Webpack.
- Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Build and improve our continuous integration to reliably deliver high-quality product releases to production multiple times a day.
- Contribute regularly to pertinent product, design and implementation discussions.
- Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in front-end technologies, security, engineering, design and collaboration.
- Help build friendly, supporting engineering culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as engineers, teams, and people.
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision making.
- Empathy and respect for others.
- Experience deploying and operating server-side code that could have used a service like Manifold.
- Experience working in a small-team where individuals wear many hats.
- In-Depth experience working with at-least one modern client side framework, ideally React
- Interest in writing maintainable and reliable unit and automated integration tests
- Feel at home using command line as part of your workflow.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, and continuous integration/ deployment based workflows
- Experience working on or with a remote team preferred.
- Experience working closely with product management is very nice to have.
Although Manifold has offices in Halifax and San Francisco, they believe in giving people the freedom to work from where they are most productive. Candidates sitting roughly within 4 hours of the Eastern Time Zone are preferred. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.