Senior Manager - Operational Due Diligence
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Reporting to the Principals, the Senior Manager’s primary job activities will include:
- Lead operational due diligence reviews of hedge funds, private equity funds, and other alternative assets included in our Clients’ portfolios
- Perform ongoing monitoring of assigned hedge funds, private equity funds and other alternative assets
- Perform detailed reviews of fund corporate documents, audited financial statements and other documents related to the back office operations and compliance of investment managers
- Review third party service provider relationships and agreement terms
- Conduct conference calls and meetings with fund managers and service providers (note: attending meetings requires business travel, primarily to the U.S. with potential for travel to Europe, Asia, South America and other global jurisdictions)
- Evaluate the quality of hedge fund operational systems, processes and controls and identify key risk areas
- Prepare comprehensive reports and recommendations to Clients, in line with Client and Company deadlines
- Liaise with Clients and investment managers with respect to due diligence inquiries
- Prepare audited financial statement reviews and other reporting, as required by Clients
- Keep abreast of market developments, industry trends and regulatory matters that could impact due diligence procedures, and help facilitate knowledge transfer within the Company
- Coach and mentor Analysts and other junior employees
- Support business development activities
- Attend industry events as a representative of the Company
- Work with other members of the team on ad hoc projects, as needed to support the due diligence process and broader Company initiatives
Candidates will have a degree in accounting or finance, and a minimum of 8 years experience working in the accounting or finance area with a good understanding of financial products and funds.
To be considered, candidates MUST have strong written skills for financial report writing.
International travel is an exciting requirement of this job, with approximately 3-5 days per month to either the US, or possibly overseas.
What they offer:
Our client offers an attractive compensation package, and a “smart work policy” to work from home 2 days per week.
Along with your primary duties, you will also be expected to carry out other duties as they may arise.
To be considered for this opportunity please send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org