Senior Network Security Consultant
Halifax, Nova Scotia OR Toronto, Ontario
The Senior Network Security Consultant will be responsible for supporting, planning, and executing IT Security projects, implementations and upgrades for clients. This position will work directly with other project leads, managers, and/or executives to communicate business and technical aspects of the work being performed.
- Advanced firewall management (Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Implement and deliver new firewalls including refresh and migration activities
- Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS/IPS) design and configuration (Tipping Point)
- Securing Software Defined Networking (OpenStack, NSX)
- Securing Public Clouds (AWS, Azure)
Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of professional network security engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience with preferably more than one of the following Palo Alto Networks technologies; (Firewall, Panorama, Wildfire, Traps, URL filtering, etc.)
- Significant experience with Linux, Windows and Network Operating Systems
- Strong background as a senior engineer/architect in security infrastructure and various network technologies that include Firewalls, VPN, intrusion/extrusion detection, vulnerability & risk assessment tools, encryption technologies, virus/worm/malware prevention, Data Loss Prevention, whole disk & device encryption solutions, two-factor authentication.
- Experience in information gathering, planning, and execution of large and complex network securityprojects such as migrations and/or upgrades.
- Ability to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently or in a team, set priorities and meet deadlines on multiple simultaneous projects and tasks
- Strong organization skills, excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic problem-solving skills with the ability of providing solutions to problems that are identified.
To Learn more about this exciting opportunity please contact Jack Gillis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-405-8842.