Sr. Project / Systems Engineer
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client, a global leader in the design and development of innovative solutions for the defence, aerospace and industrial sectors, is consistently recognized as an employer of choice in Nova Scotia. Their continued success in new international markets means particular growth for the local operation in Dartmouth, and as such they are recruiting for a Project/ Systems Engineer. This Project/ Systems Engineer will be the technical link between the engineering and project teams, responsible for design, technical leadership, and the implementation of all engineering aspects of the project.
What are the responsibilities?
- Review project proposal, technical and deliverable contract volumes, and any supporting documentation;
- Working with the Program Manager, develop project responsibilities and schedule by identifying Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs) for each element of the program;
- Requirements Engineering and Management;
- Create and maintain the Systems Requirements, Design, Interface and Specifications;
- Design and analyse system architectures;
- Commission & characterise systems;
- Perform technical analysis (including System Safety, FMECA, Fault Tree, System Testability and Reliability);
- Create Verification & Validation plans and control the V&V process;
- Ensure project conformance to safety standards;
- Represent the program at Change Control Board (CCB) meetings and review for approval all project related engineering change requests, deviations, and/or waivers;
- Be the technical point of contact to the customer;
- Review and approve all project documentation including manufacturing data and subcontractor deliverables;
- Prepare technical progress reports as required;
- Mentor and lead all engineering team members;
- Advise the Program Manager of any changes in scope or inability to meet requirements;
- Ensure a successful hand over to Production; and
- Adhere to company and industry standards.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have a Degree in Electrical Engineering, with significant experience in systems and project engineering. Knowledge of and experience with functional safety standards such as IEC 61508, knowledge of software development standards and the ability to set-up and maintain requirements databases using requirements management tools are important assets to the candidate.
If interested please send your resume, in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.