Chester, Nova Scotia
Sustane Technologies Inc. is a clean technology company focused on waste transformation. Sustane has developed and is commercializing a set of disruptive processes to transform municipal solid waste (MSW) streams into high value fuels and recyclable materials.
Sustane's core concept is the complete separation of MSW and their technology breakthrough delivers pure products that were not previously possible. The result is unprecedented value recovery and waste diversion levels with the potential to practically eliminate landfills in the future. Sustane believes that current consumption and waste patterns are simply not sustainable and that we must fundamentally challenge how we sustain ourselves on this planet.
Their first North American facility will be coming on line in Chester, Nova Scotia, in the Spring of 2018. This facility has a capacity of 70,000 tonnes per year of MSW. On behalf of Sustane, we are recruiting a Technologist for this new facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily quality testing of produced products including biomass, fuels and recyclables.
- Set up and maintain a laboratory for testing of products and experimental analysis as needed.
- Maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus and prepare solutions of gas or liquid, reagents, and sample formulations as needed.
- Perform and document trials of new or alternative processes.
- Develop and conduct programs of sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates and products.
- Develop process and product improvement ideas and concepts and work with operations, maintenance, engineering and corporate teams as needed to implement.
- Troubleshoot technical processes as needed.
- Conduct or assist in air and water quality testing and assessments, environmental monitoring and protection activities and in the development of and compliance with standards.
As the ideal candidate, you have a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or a related discipline, combined with 1 to 3 years of experience. Outgoing and eager to learn, you have a ‘can-do’ attitude and the willingness to support the operations wherever needed.
If you are passionate about creating a clean and sustainable world for ourselves and for future generations and are excited at the prospect of joining a dynamic and growing Nova Scotia company, then we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates can contact Shardeigh McGillivray Shardeigh@venor.ca