Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client, a leader in digital marketing for destinations and resorts, is currently looking for a UX/UI Designer who will play an integral role in the development of their clients’ web strategies. Headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with a new office in Victoria, British Columbia, our client is looking for multiple UX/UI designers to join their team on both coasts.
As a UX Designer, you will conduct research and competitive analysis, design information architectures, create wireframes and prototypes, and conduct user research studies. You are part marketer, part designer and part project manager. You are able to plan your own work against deadlines and deliver project requirements with minimal oversight. You have an eye for detail, a passion for innovation and thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Work with a team of designers, developers, writers and producers to understand project requirements and create concepts that help define the best possible experience, while supporting business objectives
- Sketching, concept creation, defining user flows, and production of site mite maps. Your goal is to connect business goals to a user's needs.
- Preparing UX documentation (site architectures, wireframes, use cases and task flows, etc.) to be used by other members of the team
- Leverage user/consumer insight, analytics, best practices, competitor analysis to help guide your project decisions. Documenting findings and making a case for your recommendations.
- Apply your knowledge of industry trends, competitive activity and comparable experiences to your projects and share with the team to help drive internal standards and the best possible user experiences for our clients.
- Identify and implement opportunities to refine the UX process
- Previous experience in the role of UX designer, experience architect, information architect or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of user experience research and design techniques
- Strong understanding of how to leverage data to make informed decisions
- Flexible, collaborative and highly motivated
- Proficiency with information architecture, design and prototyping tools, spreadsheet design tools, and collaboration applications such as Axure, Slickplan or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills, client relation skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Thorough, detail-oriented and highly organized, plus ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex problems, using analysis, creative thinking, and input from others to improve processes, and develop effective strategies
- An understanding of responsive web design
- Knowledge of web accessibility principles and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com, in confidence.