Vice President – Finance
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Our client, Charm Diamond Centres, is Canada’s largest Canadian owned jewellery chain and the recipient of many prestigious awards including the exclusive, “Canada’s Best Managed Companies” and achieving Platinum status since 2013.
Charm Diamonds is seeking a highly motivated, confident self-starter who thrives on organizational success and accomplishment to join their team as Vice President - Finance.
Reporting to the President and working closely with the senior leadership team, the Vice President - Finance will be responsible for all aspects of the financial and administration functions as the leader of the Finance team.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the President and senior management to mitigate operational risks
- Involvement in setting corporate business strategy (both short and long term)
- Ensuring that all financial and non-financial reporting requirements are met on a timely basis
- Ensuring the long term financial viability of company through appropriate planning, risk assessment, development of appropriate controls or policy, and evaluation of programs
- Establishing performance indicators (finance and otherwise) and oversight of reporting/monitoring progress
- Providing financial advice on strategic initiatives, including corporate planning and review of material contracts
- Forecasting and leading the annual budgeting process
- Overseeing all banking arrangements including required reporting, ensuring on-going covenant compliance and managing foreign exchange exposure; cash flow management
- Capital planning and purchasing
- Developing and implementing business processes as required to help ensure efficiency throughout the company
- Overseeing the statutory filings and payments for the company, including oversight of the reporting of GST/HST and corporate income taxes
- Empowering and leading a team towards operational excellence
As the ideal candidate you have a university degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Economics, Business, or related field, along with a professional accounting designation. The successful candidate will have 7-10 years’ experience in a senior financial role at the leadership level. Extensive knowledge of tax, investment management and financial reporting is required, along with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse industry. Experience in a retail environment would be an asset.
The ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen and the ability to think strategically while positioning the Company for growth, but also have the ability to navigate the tactical requirements of the role.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing, national retailer based out of Nova Scotia. Interested candidates can contact Ian Sullivan via email@example.com