Vice-President of Fund Accounting
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client is a fast-paced and energetic company. They reward passionate and bright people who thrive on excellence and creativity. Those looking for a challenging, collaborative atmosphere will find their ambition well-rewarded. Be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate.
They are recruiting candidates for a newly created Vice President position in Halifax to join their fund accounting team. The VP Fund Accounting reports to the Shared Services Manager and will be responsible for a variety of duties including, but not limited to, the below:
- Assist Head of FA to lead the FA team to ensure client satisfaction, staff development, and profitability
- Assist Head of FA to drive and execute vision for FA team to ensure a scalable model is built for future growth
- Manage FA I and FA II staff by supervising, training, mentoring, and performing reviews/goal setting
- Create training documents, policies & procedures to ensure client deliverables are error free
- Work closely with Shared Services to ensure timely delivery of key client deliverables such as period-end NAVs, audit requests, and GAAP Financials
- Act as the escalation point of contact for fund managers, providing exceptional customer service while building and maintaining client relationships
- Lead new development, process improvement, and automation for FA team
- Support the Sales team with FA-specific questions
- Act as an SME on FA topics
- Coordinate the on boarding of new and conversion clients
- Manage relationship for Tier 1 clients
- Contact clients on a quarterly basis to identify any new changes in their operations or other areas which may impact their company.
- 5+ years of experience at a senior level working within the hedge fund industry in a client facing role
- 5+ years of experience leading and growing a successful team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting or similar field is preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Competitive pay and benefits. Our client also offers disability programs, maternity/paternity leave, and life insurance.
- Training and development allowance. All employees are encouraged to spend 3-5% of their annual work hours engaged in professional development using the curriculum guide curated by their HR department.
- Personal development allowance. Employees may utilize their personal development allowance for non-job related courses such as health club fees, language learning classes, or a photography class.
- Well-stocked lunch room and paid work lunches . Their break room contains a variety of healthy snacks, teas, coffees, and other refreshments. They provide employees who work through lunch with their choice of meal from a pre-selected, rotating menu.
- Creative work environment . They have surrounded themselves with intelligent and innovative talent; their committed to encouraging exceptional people.
- Generous paid vacation and sick days.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity please contact Jackie Gilbert at email@example.com or 902-423-3962