Professional Program Overview
Working with a dedicated Career Consultant, the transitioning employee will receive a wide range of services designed to efficiently move through his/her search for alternate employment, starting a business or retirement. At Venor, we use a wide range of resources and state of the art technology to deliver diversified, flexible and innovative yet practical solutions, tailored to assess, engage, develop,and transition our candidates (your departing employees) successfully to the next stage of their career.
Our Career Consultants are compassionate, results-oriented experts in the career transition process who are knowledgeable of the business community and job market. They are committed to providing the highest quality services and personalized approach that build meaningful relationships through each stage of career transition and beyond.
We provide candidates a combination of unlimited one-on-one career counseling, group learning events and online support. Candidates will learn effective strategies, skills and techniques to help them obtain their goals quickly and with the least amount of stress.
Each candidate is unique and comes to us at various stages of preparedness for his/her search. Therefore we use different approaches, customizing to meet the needs of candidates. Below are the highlights typically covered during the candidate/consultant discussions, which ensure an effective and meaningful experience:
- Dedicated consultants help candidates understand and deal with the stress of the job loss and quickly move them into focusing on the job search process.
- A ‘needs analysis’ is conducted, skills are assessed to determine opportunities that are the “best fit” and a plan is developed to move the candidate in the appropriate direction.
- Once the career options are explored and identified, candidates work with a consultant to develop a strong, polished and compelling resume.
- Candidates are provided with training on how to best use social media to assist in their next career move. Consultants identify, develop and constantly review strategies for promoting the candidate through social media ( ie. LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- Job search strategies are discussed (networking, online postings, etc.) with the candidate and a personal marketing plan is developed, which helps candidates get organized and conduct an efficient search.
- Candidates learn the various types and stages of interviews being conducted in today’s market, as well as the questions being asked and how to respond. A mock interview is conducted to build the candidate’s interview skills and confidence.
- Finally, candidates learn how to advance an interview to the job offer stage, how to prepare to negotiate and accept (or maybe decline) an offer and on-board effectively to the new company/position.