Consultant- Security Penetration/Vulnerability Tester
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client is a dynamic IT services company who are known for investing in and building technology companies. Proudly based here in Atlantic Canada, they serve clients worldwide. Their rapidly growing cyber security team is looking to add a couple of key players here in Atlantic Canada, including a Security Penetration/Vulnerability Tester to help develop their high growth Security practice in Atlantic Canada and beyond. Offering competitive compensation and benefits in a client focused company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for rapid growth.
- Conduct security testing in the form of vulnerability and penetration testing
- Conduct security reviews of network infrastructure
- Conduct security reviews of web application designs
- Conduct security reviews of planned workflows
- Conduct authenticated and non-authenticated testing
- Conduct white-box, grey box and black box testing
- Contribute to evolution of their Risk Management testing methodology
- Act as SME for review of and working with third party vulnerability and penetration tests/testers
- Create, assess, update and execute testing plans
- Create test reports and provide suggested findings remediations
- Interface directly with clients
The ideal candidate have 4 or more years in information security or IT security with 2 or more years experience in security testing. You possess knowledge of network and database architecture, Linux/Window/Unix operating systems, common vulnerabilities in web hosts/apps, common security standards and frameworks (ISO27001, NIST), open source and commercial testings tools. Knowledge of network security architecture such as firewalls, DMZ’s, routing, DNS, DHCP and WAP are desired as well as certifications in CEH, GIAC Pen Testers, OSCP and OSCE.
This position would ideally be based out of the Halifax office, but our client is open candidates in Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John, Ottawa or GTA. If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Craig Coady at firstname.lastname@example.org