Director, Business Development and Sales
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client Atlantic Signature, Mortgages & Loans (ASML) is seeking a Director of Business Development and Sales. ASML is a Halifax based alternative lending company specializing in loans for individuals and businesses. Their focus is to provide a temporary loan to assist their clients transition to conventional lending. ASML works with all financial institutions, brokers, and the legal, accounting, and real estate community.
Reporting to the CEO the Director of Business Development and Sales is responsible to create the business development and sales strategy for the company. This will include targets, tactics and performance measurement. You will identify business opportunities, prospective clients and secure financing arrangements to meet their business needs. This position will build and retain solid and strong relationships with key referral points, including brokers, banking institutions, legal and accounting firms, contractors and developers.
Working closely with the Director of Operations and the Business Officer you will act as a general ambassador for the organization. You will network, research and participate in industry events while identifying market trends as part of the business development work.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on business
- A minimum of 5 years relevant business development and sales experience with a proven track record of delivering results and driving revenue
- 3-5 years working in financial organization; or an equivalent combination of training and experience in a sales and business development role.
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
- Strong service orientation, with a focus to achieve exceptional standards
- Superior knowledge in lending and financial activity
- Sound judgement with a demonstrated history of effective decision making
- Excellent level of prioritization, time management and organisation skills
Interested candidates should send their resume to Natalie via email@example.com