Kentville, Nova Scotia
This growing Worker Cooperative with locations throughout Nova Scotia is seeking a strong leader who will take a collective entrepreneurial approach to continue to grow their customer focused business.
Careforce is a private home care agency, serving clients throughout the Annapolis Valley & Pictou County. In 2006, a group of motivated employees (caregivers, administrative, and nursing staff) pooled their resources to purchase the business. Careforce isn't owned by a single person, or even a small partnership of people. Instead, it is owned and operated by a group of employees who help make key management decisions, share in the profit of the business, and ensure we succeed together. The quality of service that our clients have come to appreciate happens - in large part - because our employees have a direct stake in our success.
Since becoming a worker cooperative, Careforce continues to be recognized as a model of success among cooperatives. We are proud to have received the Eastern Kings Chamber of Commerce Outstanding New Business Award in 2010, and the Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce's 'Best in Kings' award in 2014. In 2017, Careforce acquired Pictou County Home Health Care Cooperative.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for creating and maintaining a highly functioning team, focused on customer satisfaction and consistent application of policy and process, where staff are supported to be confident and accountable for their work. Clear goals and measurements are to be set and adhered to. This in turn will protect the Mission and Vision of the organization.
The Executive Director is responsible for maintaining the high financial integrity of the cooperative using his/her financial and analytical strengths to protect the financial interests of its member owners.
The Executive Director plans, implements, and evaluates all aspects of the operation to ensure a quality and service-oriented workforce.
The Executive Director will be responsible for business development, networking to recognize opportunities, and marketing to gain new business. Experience in health care with existing contacts in the industry would be an asset.
The Executive Director , in coordination with the Board of Directors, will be responsible for strengthening and developing the member owners’ capacity to fully participate in the operations and governance of their Cooperative.
- Lead the development and implementation of all sales and operation strategies and tactics
- Develop business opportunities to increase geographic coverage
- Foster existing strategic partnerships and develop new ones
- Provide day to day leadership, direction and guidance of both the Cooperative’s governance and operational activities
- Ensure the efficient use of resources to achieve the vision, mission and objectives of the Cooperative
- Understand and value the importance of collective impact – Social Enterprise and Social Movement
- Build strong relationships to maintain high morale
- Collaborative approach to project management
- Effective and precise communicator
- Oversee revenue growth, expense control and quality of services
- Active in local community activities, establishing networks and resources for referrals and contracts
- Develop operational budgets and capital requirements, including forecasting and expense control
- Strategic planning and activities for client acquisition including SWOT analysis
- Strategic planning and activities for caregiver acquisition including SWOT analysis
- Oversee accreditation
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills
- Demonstrated success in building sales and meeting financial goals
- Effective Leadership skills, with a strong focus on mentoring and motivating employees
- Able to identify key issues to creatively and strategically overcome internal and external challenges
- A clear understanding and interest in the issues faced by a Worker Cooperative
- Demonstrated success in operating or maintaining a quality, customer service- oriented workforce
- Ability to communicate performance expectations and to coach and document performance issues
- Strong knowledge of fiscal management and responsibility
- Basic knowledge of personnel policies, practices and procedures
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability
- Solid negotiation, conflict resolution and people management skills
- Strong knowledge of computer systems and IT, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience in a leadership capacity, with demonstrated success developing new business in a similar role or health care is considered an asset
- Life Long Learner
If you are interested in playing a key role in supporting quality health care of this growing Worker Cooperative, please send your resume to email@example.com for review.