Front Office Administrator
Halifax, Nova Scotia
About the opportunity
As the Front Office Administrator, you hold a very important role with our client. You are the first point of contact for the majority of our customers and your ability to provide the highest level of customer service is critical to the success of the company.
You will hold responsibility for preparing daily bank deposits and accurately entering customer data into our customer management program. You will also be responsible for preparing letters, filing papers and assisting management in the fulfillment of their duties.
- Answer telephones/assist customers via: Telephone, in person at the front counter and e-mail.
- Create the daily bank deposit.
- Modify customer accounts in our customer management system.
- Schedule furnace tune-ups, oil deliveries and service calls.
- Manage financed equipment paperwork. This includes setting up agreements, journal entries, requesting and recording signed copies from customers, managing payouts (i.e. sending invoice & journal entries).
- Check equipment invoices against account to make sure billed.
- Reconcile supplier invoices with our records.
- Invoice & record some services.
- Administer the monthly customer statement process.
- Data entry and posting duties as required.
- General office duties include but not limited to; filing, typing letters, printing reports
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience as a front-line receptionist capable of interacting with customers regularly throughout the day in a courteous and professional manner.
- Data entry experience. Careful attention to detail and minimal amount of errors.
- Knowledgeable user of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel) and Outlook email programs.
- Introductory level knowledge of accounting is preferred.
Key Qualities for the Successful Candidate:
- Reliability & Punctuality
- Accuracy of work /data entry
- Customer Service oriented
- Pleasant and approachable
- 2 weeks of vacation time for 1st year (3 for second than 4 weeks beginning in 4th year).
- Option to join company subsidized comprehensive Health & Dental plan.
- Option to join company subsidized Long Term Disability & Life Insurance plan
- Employee discount rate on company product.
Interested candidates can forward their resumes to Jackie Gilbert via email@example.com