Inside Sales Representative
Truro, Nova Scotia
Since 1955, our client has provided quality equipment, parts and service to Nova Scotia’s road building, construction, forestry and mining industries. Their current product lines include Komatsu, Dynapac and GEHL in addition to their many complimentary lines of attachments and accessories.
In April of 2013, they were acquired by SanStone Investments, a group of Nova Scotian private equity investors, who are committed to growing the business through developing its people. Currently they are recruiting for an Inside Sales Representative to immediately join our team at their Truro location.
The primary purpose of this role is to attend to customer inquiries/requests, either in person or over the phone, and recommend the appropriate service and/or parts to meet their needs. The role will also be responsible for maintaining customer files and product documents, keeping up to date on products, and coordinating product/service delivery with other departments. From time to time, the incumbent may be hands on using some basic tools or performing some minor lifting.
- Ideally a minimum of 2-3 years experience with inside sales and or customer service.
- Has a minimum education level of High School Graduate, Community College preferred.
- Has a valid NS Drivers license.
- Presents a positive and professional attitude with both customers and co-workers, in person or over the phone.
- Self motivated and proactive in dealing with customer issues.
- Strong computer skills with experience using excel spread sheets.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Able to take direction from management and put specifics request in place, along with the ability to identify current or potential road blocks and bring possible solutions to management.
- Expected to stay up to date and knowledgeable in all specific product lines WEL has to offer. This could include attending training course after company work hours.
- Ideally this person would have experience towing trailers or an aptitude to learn how to tow.
Forklift and first aid training are both considered assets. Safety boots must be worn at all times on the premises.
They offer a competitive compensation package including health benefits and retirement savings matching. This is a full time position, Monday to Friday, however occasional overtime will be required.
Interested applicants should reply by email with a cover letter and resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org