Junior Maintenance Technician
Chester, Nova Scotia
Sustane Technologies Inc. is a clean technology company focused on waste transformation. Sustane has developed and is commercializing a set of disruptive processes to transform municipal solid waste (MSW) streams into high value fuels and recyclable materials.
Sustane's core concept is the complete separation of MSW and their technology breakthrough delivers pure products that were not previously possible. The result is unprecedented value recovery and waste diversion levels with the potential to practically eliminate landfills in the future. Sustane believes that current consumption and waste patterns are simply not sustainable and that we must fundamentally challenge how we sustain ourselves on this planet.
Their first North American facility will be coming on line in Chester, Nova Scotia, in the Spring of 2018. This facility has a capacity of 70,000 tonnes per year of MSW. On behalf of Sustane, we are seeking a Junior Maintenance Technician to join their team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical/electrical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Dealing with breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adjust functional parts of mechanical, electrical and control devices and control devices by using tools and diagnosis equipment, as needed.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess a certification or diploma in a related field (mechanical or electrical), along with a minimum of 2 years of experience. You have knowledge of health and safety regulations and workplace safety programs. Excellent communications skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are a must and the Junior Maintenance Technician will be required to support and assist the operations as needed.
If you are passionate about creating a clean and sustainable world for ourselves and for future generations and are excited at the prospect of joining a dynamic and growing Nova Scotia company, then we would like to hear from you. Interested candidates can contact Rose MacAuley via firstname.lastname@example.org