Microsoft Cloud Engineer
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client provides innovative and cost-effective information technology solutions to clients across multiple industries. On their behalf, we are seeking a Microsoft Cloud Engineer to provide technical consulting services to their clients and positively contribute to their exciting and dynamic team.
The successful candidate will consult with clients for services including strategy, infrastructure design and planning, technical investigation, installation, configuration, migration and upgrades in complex, multi-vendor environments. Duties will also include:
- Developing Cloud/Microsoft Strategy and Offerings
- Collaborating with clients and sales team to determine the most appropriate technology solutions for customer needs.
- Lead client infrastructure projects, defining architecture, infrastructure and hybrid environments.
- Act as a technical authority for enterprise scope infrastructure initiatives to ensure architecture principles are understood and translated into low level design and implementation.
- Develop infrastructure systems architecture roadmaps.
- Investigate new products and technologies and conduct evaluation and/or proof of concept work to better understand requirements and solution design.
- Plan, design, implement, and support Microsoft and cloud and infrastructure solutions and migrations.
- Investigate and diagnose performance and other issues, recommend and institute changes and upgrades required to resolve.
- Plan, design and implement infrastructure upgrades and migrations.
- Play a leading role, working with Cloud partners, including Microsoft
- Maintain a focus on continuing education for evolving technology solutions.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years progressive technical experience in the implementation and support of information technology solution with technical certifications from Microsoft. You possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and desktop operating systems and an in depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies, Terminal Services and other infrastructure services with experience in Hyper-V virtual deployments. As a plus, you have familiarity with other virtualization technologies such as VMware and Citrix and with Microsoft applications SCCM, SharePoint and SQL.
As a skilled communicator, you have a client oriented mindset and seek to provide premium service to clients and other stakeholders. You are a multi-tasker and can work across multiple projects without sacrificing quality. With your extensive technical skills, you take ownership of complex IT problems.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, please contact Craig Coady via firstname.lastname@example.org and Natalie Isaacs via email@example.com