Senior Back-end Developer – Go
Our client is a well-funded and rapidly expanding startup located in Halifax, Nova Scotia whose focus is helping other software developers build applications with cloud services. This cutting edge software allows a developer to build and offer cloud services, without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution. Their exceptional team of software engineers are geographically distributed and enjoy a progressive culture of diversity, accountability, autonomy and continuous learning.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative Go developer to inspire, mentor, and bring their architecture and coding forward.
- Help lead a friendly, supportive culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as developers, teams, and people.
- Be a model and mentor for building well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code.
- Manage technical debt. Help us find the right corners to cut for speed, and the right problems to invest in for maintainability.
- Be passionate about our mission, and help us imagine the company’s future. Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in technologies, security, software development, design and collaboration.
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision-making. Empathy and respect for others, with "strong opinions loosely held."
- Enough experience deploying and operating server-side code that you have empathy for the users of our service.
- Expertise in Go, API design, and microservices. Knowledge of OpenAPI, PostgreSQL or other databases, and gRPC is also very valuable.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Devops experience is very nice to have. Experience with containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Nomad) is especially nice to have. Experience extending Kubernetes and working with the Kubernetes APIs would be amazing.
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have.
- Our frontend is written in React; React experience is nice to have.
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Natalie Isaacs at firstname.lastname@example.org and Craig Coady at email@example.com