Senior Consultant- Cyber Risk Advisory
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client is a dynamic IT company who are known for investing in and building technology companies. Proudly based here in Atlantic Canada, they serve clients worldwide. Their rapidly growing cyber security team is looking to add a couple of key players here in Atlantic Canada, including a Senior Consultant- Cyber Risk Advisory to help further develop the practice. Offering competitive compensation and benefits in a client focused company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for rapid growth.
- Generate Security Risk Assessments for clients including business impact assessments, threat risk assessments
- Develop Security Policy for clients, including implementation plans and governance
- Provide security architecture guidance and assessment
- Able to conduct and/or assess vulnerability and penetration tests and their results
- Develop new client relationships
- Mentor less senior Security Analysts supporting talent growth within the company
- Contribute to evolution of their Risk Management methodology
- Provide thought leadership and awareness of latest information security industry trends and innovations
- Create, assess, update and exercise business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Review firewall configurations and recommend adjustments
- Client oriented travel anticipated
The ideal candidate will have a Computer Science degree and 5 or more years working in information or IT security. You have a successful track record of recommendations at CIO, CEO, and Board or senior management level. You have experience with security standards such as ISO27001 and PCI-DSS. You have knowledge of security frameworks such as HIPAA, HiTrust, NIST, CIS, Cloud Security, and Alliance and of network and database architecture. Experience in consulting,computer forensics, Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery plans, Privacy Impact assessments, and network security architecture is desired. Certifications in CISM, CGEIT, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CBCP, CEH, PCIP, ISO27001, CCNA, MCSE or equivalents would be a plus.
This position would ideally be based out of the Halifax office, but our client is open candidates in Fredericton, Moncton, Saint John, Ottawa or GTA. If you want to make a real impact on a growing but established company while enjoying diverse projects and modest travel expectations, please contact Craig Coady at email@example.com.