Senior Front-end Developer, React
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Our client is a well-funded and rapidly expanding startup located in Halifax, Nova Scotia whose focus is helping other software developers build applications with cloud services. This cutting edge software allows a developer to build and offer cloud services, without having to worry about billing, identity, and credential distribution. Their exceptional team of software engineers are geographically distributed and enjoy a progressive culture of diversity, accountability, autonomy and continuous learning.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative front-end developer to inspire us, teach us, and bring our React architecture and coding forward.
- Help lead a friendly, supportive culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as developers, teams, and people.
- Be a model and mentor for building well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code.
- Manage technical debt. Help us find the right corners to cut for speed, and the right problems to invest in for maintainability.
- Be passionate about our mission, and help us imagine Manifold's future. Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in technologies, security, software development, design and collaboration.
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision-making. Empathy and respect for others, with "strong opinions loosely held."
- Enough experience deploying and operating server-side code that you have empathy for the users of our service.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Solid grasp of CSS principles and semantic markup.
- Experience extracting front-end assets from design programs like Sketch or InVision is very nice to have.
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have.
- Our backend and CLI are written in Go; Go experience is nice to have.
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Natalie Isaacs at firstname.lastname@example.org and Craig Coady at email@example.com