Our client is seeking a Solutions Architect to join their organization based in Toronto, Ontario. The Solutions Architect will contribute to the definition of the overall technical architecture for the company’s product/services and/or support of their customer’s product(s)/services(s), and has prime accountability for the successful design and implementation. You will play a key role in establishing the technical direction while facing the challenges of providing service quality and reliability, scaling the environment to support the customers and adapting the environment to evolving network and software standards. Additionally, the Solution Architect is responsible to deeply understand the customer’s current and future needs.
As the Solutions Architect, you will design the overall technical architecture for the migration of a large ordering system domain. You will work closely with the architecture and development teams and ensure all components of the technical architecture are properly integrated, implemented, and tested. The successful candidate will manage the architectural design and drives the SDLC process. Other responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the lead architect to develop and implement a system migration roadmap for a large ordering system domain.
- Developing baseline and target architectures.
- Producing impact assessments for the migration process.
- Providing technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of the migration project.
- Responsible to understand deeply the customer environment, including the technical infrastructure, business and operations processes, key business challenges and priorities.
The ideal candidate will have 10-15 years' experience in designing and deploying overall systems architecture for mission critical client/server business applications and/or products. You have experience in the following:
- Solid development background covering programming, support, design, and requirements analysis. Experience as subject matter expert for one or more initiatives.
- Experience of a range of technologies, application types, and sizes of program. Breadth along with deep experience of some technical area in the past.
- Understand business capabilities and how they can be realized through technical architecture and physical implementation, focusing on how data is processed, transmitted, stored, and secured.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of architecture, applications, systems design, and integration with a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies
- Technical knowledge of both distributed and mainframe systems architecture and design.
- Experience with large ordering and billing systems would be considered an asset.
- Understanding of current SDLC methodologies and software/hardware procurement processes.
- Strong understanding of Web based development and testing methodologies.
- Languages in scope would include, but not limited to, Angular JS, PHP, Java, C#, and VB.
- Strong technical writing abilities (e.g., production guide, software design specification).
- Knowledge of SAP Ecommerce platforms would be an asset (Hybris)
- Knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) would be an asset
- Knowledge of OneView Commerce Platform would be considered an asset
- Computer Associates Siteminder Single Sign On knowledge would be an asset
- Working towards or has achieved TOGAF L1 certification.
You are an analytical, problem solver and enjoy building relationships. As a leader, you have the ability to coach and facilitate project teams. Your strong communication skills allow you to explain technical concepts to non-technical people and are able to work with others with a narrower or deeper technical focus than yourself. You like to manage your time effectively and are able shift when priorities change.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity, email Craig Coady at firstname.lastname@example.org