Automotive Dealership General Manager
Our client, an automotive dealership, is seeking a General Manager to take responsibility for the ongoing development of the strategic plan. The General Manager will develop and execute the annual business plan for the various departments in order to ensure the group’s growth, while reaching profitability objectives. The successful candidate will lead, motivate and manage the dealership’s employees.
The General Manager will plan and develop short and long-term goals and objectives, submitting time projections to corporate management for approval. Paying close attention to daily operations, the General Manager will recommend and create improved courses of action where necessary. With a focus on customer satisfaction, the successful candidate will ensure departments uphold the highest of standards. Other responsibilities include:
- Oversee the hiring of all staff positions, completing performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department manager (includes administrative, sales, parts, collision and service departments).
- Effectively communicating with the owner on a regular basis to review departmental forecasts and ensure consistency with projections.
- Explaining the policies and procedures of the dealership to all employees and following up with employees to ensure that these issues are understood and followed.
- Providing dealership management with weekly reports on the performance and financial condition of the dealership.
- Overseeing the monthly financial statements to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the management/dealership owners.
- Coordinating with the business/administrative office to ensure that records and analyses are correctly maintained.
- Creating a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturer personnel and maintaining these relationships.
- Coordinating regular meetings with the managers of each department to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic attitude to build positive employee attitudes and morale.
- Overseeing and maintaining compensation plans for all employees.
- Creating cost-effective advertising programs and merchandising strategies for the dealership.
The General Manager will have at least five years successful experience leading and managing a business or a business unit. With a proven passion for excellence, customer service, teamwork, integrity, you have a desire to make a difference. The ideal candidate will bring both sales and operations experience. Automotive experience is an asset but not essential. The successful candidate must bring strong leadership, organizational skills, and the ability to lead a large, diverse team. For further information on this opportunity, contact Jennifer Batog via firstname.lastname@example.org