Chief Technology Officer
Eli Technology is addressing a global gap in emergency response communications and are saving lives with their patented positioning technology. Their technology provides the most accurate mobile location for emergency calls available on the market. Launched in March 2017, Eli has advanced its proprietary, patented technology and entered into a strategic consortium partnership with Kista Science City, a global technology development hub, located in Stockholm, Sweden. After recently completing Beta testing and successful Beta Audit, Eli has agreements with 2 resellers and two more pending, one a global brand. Additionally, two countries, both widely recognized as the industries best, are in the process of signing letters of intent.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the CTO will be responsible for establishing Eli Technology’s overall IT and R&D strategies and ensuring the Company executes flawlessly against them. The person in this role will have a seat at the leadership table and will be continually involved in shaping the overall strategy of the Company.
The CTO will be more than just an expert at managing technology. The CTO must be aware of the strategic direction of the organization as well as new technologies and technology applications on the horizon. The CTO must be able to use this knowledge to select the right technology support and applications that enables the organization to move forward. Furthermore, the highly successful CTO must be able to lay out a strategy that the other executives and board members will understand and support. This means going beyond understanding what the technology does at a systems engineer level. The CTO must understand how that technology relates to the goals of the organization. Responsibilities will include:
- Communicating regularly with key customers and suppliers, leadership on significant technology issues and successes, risks, opportunities, and general progress towards contractual and business goals
- Providing executive-level technology guidance and thought leadership in:
- Infrastructure and network operations
- Administrative System design and development
- Developing and recommending information technology policies to ensure the appropriate acquisition, use and cost-effective application of technology
- Establishing and facilitating an established IT Governance process
- Proposing and ensuring compliance with best-practice policies that ensure the appropriate security of information technology resources
- Proposing and ensuring appropriate audit recommendations and implementing corrective actions as required
- Managing an annual (or as required) tactical plan and reporting progress to management and Board.
- Identifying and achieving efficiencies through technological and workflow improvements
- Identifying potential areas for cost savings
- Recognizing, creating and tracking value-add and ROI activities
ESTABLISH STANDARDS AND PROCEDURES
The CTO will ensure that standards and procedures are in place for the technical work of the company. Technology infrastructure is inherently complex. This complexity is best mitigated by establishing standard ways of work that ensures the technical teams work together in a consistent manner and enable the organization to be more agile and more adaptable to change.
The CTO will oversee:
- Internal IT and Networking – Manage staff, contractors/consultants, and equipment that handles switching, routing, and in some cases perimeter devices (firewalls). The CTO should have at least one person who has the responsibility for ensuring the IT security of the organization. In very small organizations this can be the responsibility of the CTO.
- Analysis of Technical HR requirements and build out of an effective team required to ensure Eli Technology product line success. This will include design, maintenance, deployment and installation of the same.
- R&D: ELI will require ongoing work in this area, in particular with partnerships such as Kista 112 Development Center
The CTO is responsible for establishing strong partnerships with current, future and required vendors for the technical design, build out and maintenance of ELI Systems. This includes negotiating access agreements, establishing service level agreements, and ensuring contracts are in place to support the services provided by the infrastructure team.
MONITORING AND REPORTING
The CTO needs to have a strong monitoring system in place and be able to produce standard reports on the status of the infrastructure. Policies and procedures will need to be designed and maintained for both internal and external monitoring and reporting to Eli stakeholders and reseller/customer stakeholder groups.
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT:
- Working with management, external consultants, and key suppliers to establish and execute the R&D roadmap of technology deliverables which are aligned to the corporation’s strategic objectives
- Lead and evolve Eli’s overall software and supporting hardware architecture
- Establish performing and appropriate outsourcing relationships to augment Eli’s internal core competencies
- Ensure optimal participation in SR&ED tax credits and search out new funding opportunities for ongoing R&D (IRAP, for example) as Directed by CEO.
- Evolve Eli’s adoption and utilization of appropriate methodologies for IT development activities
- An inspiring hands-on leader who can win the trust and respect of management, customers, and suppliers.
- A leader and manager; able to recruit first-rate talent and build & lead effective teams.
- Visionary leader who is able to manage structure yet think out of the box.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Self-motivating personality drive to succeed in all areas.
- Professional team player with belief in continued learning and development.
KEY SKILLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement IT strategies, tactical plans, and annual work plans
- Successful experience in building and managing IP Networks, such as an Internet Service Provider network, with multiple end points, centralized management and database utilities.
- Solid understanding of budgeting and business operations
- Experience in negotiating vendor relationships and contracts
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a highly demanding environment
- Higher education administration experience
- Project management knowledge and experience
Interested candidates can send their resume to Craig Coady via craig@venor and Megan Bennett via email@example.com