North West Territories
Our client, based in the North West Territories is looking to hire a Controller to join their exciting and growing company. Reporting to the Group Controller, the Controller provides support to processes managed by the accounting department leadership team and assists with various special projects undertaken by the accounting team.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Accounting Process Support (30%)
- Responsible for the bank reconciliation process, corporate card reconciliation process, purchase order system and processes;
- Responsible for inventory management, maintaining inventory system;
- Responsible for GST/HST returns;
- Responsible for review of bill back, cash clearing, and intercompany accounts;
- Responsible for the biweekly posting of payroll transactions;
- Responsible for the weekly processing of wire/EFT payments;
- Responsible for balancing and paying intercompany account amounts monthly;
- Provides back-up and support for annual audits as requested;
- Update and process monthly rent roll;
Accounting Reporting (30%)
- Responsible for the completion and analysis of monthly Income Statement Reports;
- Responsible for the completion and analysis of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliation;
- Provide support for Group Controller through quarterly consolidation;
- Provide support for Group Controller through annual budgeting process.
Accounting Service for Subsidiaries (30%)
- Works with various subsidiaries, including those which have contracted with us to provide accounting services;
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information;
- Summarizes current financial status by analyzing general ledger accounts, compiling and submitting financial statements;
- Reports to management regarding the finances of establishment.
Special Project Support (10%)
- Works with the CFO and Senior Accounting Manager on various projects;
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration, preferably with a specialization in accounting or finance;
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) is required;
- Five years of financial accounting experience, with at least one year working with inventory in a construction environment, preferably in a team working with diverse stakeholder groups;
- Additional years would be considered an asset.
SKILLS & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to prepare written communications that are clear and concise;
- Knowledge of financial planning and strategies;
- Knowledge of government accounting reporting procedures, IFRS and ASPE would be considered assets;
- Ability to prioritize work effectively to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and tact when dealing with stakeholders;
- Ability to identify financial risks and opportunities and provide sound advice that contributes to well-informed decision-making;
- Ability to research, analyze, forecast outcomes and develop recommendations related to financial or accounting processes;
- Mentorship: Is considered by staff and colleagues to be a positive and supportive coach and mentor who works to ensure staff have the skills and ability to do their jobs, sets out clear objectives, removes roadblocks, provides counsel and advice when required and evaluates performance effectively;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to accurately define and effectively address problems as they arise;
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Jackie Gilbert via email@example.com