Director of Marketing
Halifax, Nova Scotia
About the Role:
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director of Marketing develops integrated marketing strategies to achieve revenue, brand, and channel objectives across all locations The Director of Marketing oversees brand management, B2B & consumer marketing, social media, advertising, communication and public relations.
- Design, execute, monitor, and optimize marketing strategies that align with business goals and vision
- Participate in leadership-level strategic planning and reporting.
- Collaborate effectively across departments, incorporating feedback and creating transparency
- Champion company mission, vision, and values internally and externally
- Balance strategic with tactical thinking, getting hands-on where required
- Create and manage departmental budget, optimizing spend
- Support sales team to drive strong sell-through across all channels
- Drive brand awareness and consideration, ensuring communications are tailored to all Atlantic
- Develop cohesive creative content strategies for social media, web, trade shows, and print
- Lead the drive toward creating a leading-edge ecommerce solution
- Develop comprehensive tradeshow strategy, ensuring ROI is measured and achieved
- Leverage customer feedback and market research to influence targeting sales
- Perform competitive analysis, identifying challenges and growth opportunities
- Stays abreast of all marketing trends, industry and channel activity
- Fully understands customers’ wants, identifies issues and solutions, and emerging opportunities, anticipates their future needs within the B2B and B2C channels
- Brand awareness and management: Builds from current brand strategy, policies and standards for the company. Partners with the sales team to ensure the nuances of the regions and producttype are effectively incorporated
- Ensures effective pull and push strategies are in place to support consumer awareness
- Lead creative services, including photography, video production, graphic design, web design, sales collateral, POP material, and interactive sales tools
- Provide distributors and retailers with marketing tools and support to represent the brand.
- Partner with IT department to drive technology roadmap and capabilities.
- Optimize web content, and navigation
- Leverage creative problem solving to resolve roadblocks and generate ideas
- Build positive and productive relationships with agencies, customers, and stakeholders.
- Act as a brand spokesperson at key customer meetings, tradeshows, events, and forums
- Degree in marketing, business administration, or similar
- Executive level marketing experience in a branded products environment
- Experience with ecommerce platforms
- Proven B2B digital marketing experience
- Brings tremendous passion, energy, and commitment to driving a business.
- Is a strong team player; believes strongly in collaborating with peers and team, creating an inspiring and productive team environment with open communication culture
- Relationship Builder; Able to effectively relate to, and build positive relationships with, internal teams (all levels) agencies, customers and external stakeholders
- Articulates with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Has the skills and emotional intelligence contribute to and help build a strong culture based on our core values of respect and customer priorities.
Strategic & Business Skills:
- Has a strategic and tactical balance. Has the mentality to roll up his/her sleeves and be hands-on when required.
- Has strong business acumen, critical thinker with strong planning and execution.
- Is a master problem-solver with the ability to think out of the box and generate ideas.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: Full-time | Monday to Friday
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Jackie Gilbert via email@example.com