Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Based in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, our client, is an established multinational company who have been delivering innovative solutions to their customers for years in Nova Scotia. Due to growth, they require a General Accountant to join their team.
The General Accountant is responsible for providing support in the monthly/year-end financial statement preparation including creation of the internal/external financial reporting package. Assessing risks / risk management and margin evaluation and analysis.
- Supporting month-end close processes
- Maintenance of various financial schedules and sub-ledgers
- Investigating General Ledger variances
- Preparation of Journal Entries
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Reconciliation and maintenance of various General ledger accounts
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Assistance in the preparation of Government remittances and filings
- Providing reports for managers as requested
- Perform variance analyses on costs, scope and schedules;
- Assistance and oversight support to Accounts Payable
- Customer Invoicing
- Other duties/ projects as assigned
- Decision Quality: makes good decisions based upon a mix of analysis, experience and judgement.
- Intellectual Horsepower: Bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably; described as intellectually sharp, capable, and agile.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Problem solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Ability to work flexible hours especially around month and year-end
- Ability to achieve Security Clearance to NATO secret level and meet requirements of Controlled Goods and ITAR
- Demonstrable high degree of computer literacy including familiarity with an accounting or ERP system. Experience with IFS ERP System is a plus.
- Experience with GAAP and IFRS accounting standards.
- Bachelor of Commerce and/or related degree and 3+ years of accounting experience.
- 3+ years of experience of accounting experience within an engineering, manufacturing or other similar/related business is preferred.
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Jackie Gilbert via email@example.com