IT Process & Compliance Architect
St. John’s, Newfoundland
Our client, an international leader in wireless communications and one of the most highly regarded employers in Atlantic Canada, is seeking a Senior Analyst Developer to join their team based in St. John’s, Newfoundland. This is a very progressive employer with a great corporate culture and a scope of projects that are not typically seen in Atlantic Canada.
Primary Purpose of Role:
The IT Process and Compliance Architect will work under the direction of the Director, IT Service Management and in collaboration with the IT process owner network to propose, agree, develop, document and implement transformation initiatives within the team. They will drive the design and implementation of key processes and act as a catalyst for process owners and GroupIT teams to achieve defined improvement objectives and specific goals.
The role will collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure IT processes and tools support organizational needs and areas of dependency are clearly articulated. This includes developing prototypes of the process design and work with IT process owners, operations managers, technology architects and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation process and supporting technology solutions. The responsibilities will also include advising on best practices for adoption, implementation, and adaption of processes. They will advise stakeholders regarding process improvement strategies as well as monitor key performance indicators, determine gaps in performance metrics, and recommend change management techniques for efficiency and quality improvements.
This individual will be responsible for developing and improving ITIL processes and procedures in the areas of Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations, and Continual Service Improvement including the development of ITIL based ServiceNow platform to support them. They will also collaborate and liaison with other individuals within IT to make sure overall processes are synergistic.
The role will support the organization's strategy to maintain the compliance posture required by laws and industry regulations. This position will identify potential gaps, architect solutions and provide recommendations focused on enterprise security, response, and remediation plans. The individual will need to be highly knowledgeable of the concepts of security, compliance, and risk assessment as well have a firm grasp of concepts and technology across all IS areas to be able to spot gaps and develop appropriate controls.
- Create strategic business strategy, capability and process architecture conversations with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Adhere to policies, procedures, technology control standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to internal activity and process review, flag windows for improvement
- Support development and/or implementation of standards, policies, procedures, and solutions that mitigate risk and maximize security, service availability, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in internal risk assessments, creation of mitigation plans, identification of privacy requirements, training, developing procedures, implementation of monitoring controls, process improvements, and participation in other compliance program elements
- Identify, categorize and develop organizational process control and monitoring within GroupIT and link them to the organizational reporting (e.g. scorecards, dashboards).
- Provide assurance that the IT processes for information systems operations, maintenance and service management meet the organizations strategies and objectives.
- Analyzes GroupIT processes for efficiency and effectiveness; provides solutions for minimizing complexity and waste; recommends opportunities for process automation
- Assist in conducting functional and gap analysis to determine the extent to which GroupIT comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, recommending counter-measures against threats to information or privacy, and developing mitigation plans
- Research and investigate regulatory compliance requirements, reporting and questions, support GroupIT in resolving compliance, audit and regulatory issues.
- Ensure standards are followed and risk mitigations are in place and monitored related to operational risks and security standards.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of professional Process Improvement and/or Process Management experience which included a minimum of two (2) years of experience utilizing business process architecture frameworks to drive process optimization and some experience in a lead capacity
- At least 5 years’ experience in process implementation, key controls and continuous improvement
- ITIL v.3 certified
- Experience with COBIT, NIST, ISO Standards an asset
- Compliance, operational risk, and/or information security experience
- Information Security Certification or Accreditation an asset.
- Ability to identify ideas and opportunities for beneficial improvement (ideally using lean six sigma, value stream or similar techniques) – and able to work with leadership and business stakeholders, plus technical support resource, to bring these ideas to fruition
- Strong understanding of standard process design, process development, and process implementation methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships across functions and facilitate cooperation towards key outcomes
- Understanding of Internal Audit practices and processes.
- Recognize barriers to improvement efforts and effectively work to remove them
- Demonstrate advanced analytical and critical thinking skills, accurately collect, manage and analyze data, identify issues, offer recommendations and potential consequences, and mitigate risk
- Leading IT process improvement projects including the identification and implementation of improvements
- Maintain knowledge of ITSM best practices and ITIL processes
- Excellent communication, documentation, and presentation skills with ability to drive project deliverables across internal and client teams.
If you thrive in a diverse and challenging environment, forward your resume to Craig Coady via email@example.com and Nick Misener via firstname.lastname@example.org