Senior Frontend Engineer
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Norwegian Block Exchange (NBX) is a cryptocurrency exchange, payment services provider and blockchain-solutions advisor that sets the standard for user experience, transparency and security. Combining the excitement of a startup and the backing of Norweigan Air Shuttle, NBX's mission is to be a sustainable marketplace for buying, selling and making payments with cryptocurrencies and other digital assets with a gateway toward fiat currencies. By leveraging emerging technologies and the advantage of block-chain-based services, their aim is to demystify and simplify cryptocurrency trading and payments, making cryptocurrency use an everyday experience and accessible via a stable, secure platform.
On their behalf, we are seeking a Frontend Engineer to work out of their new Halifax, Nova Scotia office. We are looking for a talented, business-benefit-minded frontend developer who is experienced, creative and driven enough to help NBX create and maintain a cryptocurrency exchange and payment platform from scratch. The successful candidate will be a diligent, detail-oriented engineer with a strong work ethic and a passion for cryptocurrency, security and general technology disruption. Bringing a proven track-record building major product features, the right candidate will also possess the capability to work directly with the lastest web-stack and have a passion for creating intuitive user interfaces.
NBX offers a startup culture so you will probably do a lot of things that won’t quite fit into this or any job description. This is by no means exhaustive, but here is a sample of what we imagine your main responsibilities to be:
- Leading the creation of product features that will be the public face of NBXchange and NBXpay platforms with major emphasis on security
- Driving improvements and enhancements to UI and UX; you need to have a passion for developing easy, self-explanatory user interfaces. Extensive UX experience is a huge plus.
- Creating high-quality code from your keen understanding of business requirements and applicability
This is an opportunity to shape both the role and a company in its early and exciting development stages. While NBX's mission is the big draw, but there are other benefits apart from your salary that you can expect:
- Belief in work-life balance and allowances for flexible work hours
- Pension contributions
- Travel insurance
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Staff tickets on Norwegian Air Shuttle network after three months of employment
If you are passionate about startups, cryptocurrency, and doing impactful work, there is no better place to put your talent on display. Interested candidates can forward their resume in confidence to Nick Misener at email@example.com and Craig Coady at firstname.lastname@example.org