Senior Software Architect
Quebec City, Quebec
Our client is a dynamic IT company who are known for investing in and building technology companies. Proudly based in Atlantic Canada, their professional services has achieved tremendous success across Canada helping a number of enterprise companies on new application innovations. Their particular success in the telecommunications nationally has prompted the addition of a Senior Software Architect to develop their high growth practice. While contractors would be considered, this is a long term relationship with a key customer that would make a full time employee preferable.
The Software Architect will be a key member of the IT Professional Services team working on a major automation initiative. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with the delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers.
The ideal candidate will have a Computer Science/Software Engineering degree and the following experience:
- Experience with OSS systems including architecture, engineering, and development and testing.
- Fluent with software programming languages and scripting including JAVA, Python, Perl, JS
- Strong understanding of API integration and web service methods (REST, SOAP, XML, JSON).
- Demonstrable and practical experience in defining micro service-based architectures and the application of Microservices Design Patterns
- Ability to work collaboratively with a peer team of software architects to groom backlog and define sprint scope
- Ability to accurately estimate effort required for feature development
- Lead scrums, manage Kanban board etc.
- Continuous Integration (CI), version control and repositories (e.g. GIT), test-driven development
- Develop, test, deploy and support new solutions using the Agile/Scrum approach
- Knowledge of database: Oracle, SQL
- Delivers under pressure with excellent time management skills and prioritization.
- A team player and change enabler with a positive forward thinking mindset.
The following experience would be an asset:
- Mid level systems and network administration skills including Linux, Windows server and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with web development including Ruby or Python or .NET or MS SharePoint
- Solid technical understanding of VoIP including Unified Communication applications.
- Experience or background in telecommunications services and operations
- Docker and/or other containerization toolsets
This position would ideally be based out of the Quebec office, but our client is open candidates in Halifax, Saint John, Montreal, or Toronto. If you want to make a real impact on a company and who want to grow their careers, please contact Craig Coady at email@example.com or Nick Misener at firstname.lastname@example.org