Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Our client is an international leader in e-Business and eHealth located in Charlottetown, PEI. For more than four decades, they have developed and managed innovative health, human service and other government programs that have transformed lives and strengthened communities. Our client is known as a top employer nationally and, on their behalf, we are seeking a Software Architect with hands-on technical aptitude and leadership ability.
- Develop and maintain the overall architecture of various eHealth applications
- Create well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code
- Provide application and database design consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to other team members;
- Organize, schedule and lead code review sessions
- Lead multi-developer projects providing guidance, expertise, and direction to all members of the team.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant work experience, with experience in the healthcare industry considered an asset;
- University degree in a related field, or a suitable combination of education and previous work experience;
- Expertise in a backend language (node.js. Java, C++, C# or etc). Knowledge of Docker, Oracle or other databases, and solr would also be very valuable.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Cloud architecture experience is very nice to have.
- Experience working with application tuning (solutions enhancements to improve performance/scalability of applications, identification of bottlenecks and Query tuning);
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills;
- Proven mentoring of junior members of a team;
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws;
Interested candidates can forward their resume to Nick Misener firstname.lastname@example.org and Craig Coady at email@example.com